Falling object claims
Employers have a duty to ensure that their workers are protected from the risks of objects falling from height. In many industries, there is a risk of workers being struck by an object from height, meaning that greater care needs to be taken by employers to ensure the safety of their workforce.
Employers have a duty to ensure that any objects that are stored at height are stored safely and securely, taking into account the size and weight of the item as well as the strength and safety of the shelving, harnessing or racking that will support it. When this is not done, the consequences can be fatal.
Employers also have a duty to ensure that objects are transported safely and do not pose a risk to workers if they fall.
If you have been injured by a falling object at work you could be entitled to claim compensation from your employer.
Expert, plain English advice on injuries due to falling objects
If you have been hit by a falling object at work, you could claim compensation for your injuries.
Employers have to ensure that:
- Any items that are stored at height are done so safely and securely, ensuring that any shelving, harnesses or racking is strong and safe enough to support those items
- All workers are aware of the risks posed by items that are being stored or transported at height and are provided with the correct safety equipment
- All machinery and equipment is in good working order and is safe to use
- Risk assessments are carried out into the storage or transportation of objects at height
If you or a member of your family has suffered an injury after being hit by an object at work, you could be entitled to claim compensation.
Compensation claims for being hit by a falling object
We have a team of expert lawyers with specialist knowledge in workplace injury claims, meaning that they can give you excellent advice on your compensation claim.
The Accident at Work Site is operated by Irwin Mitchell, one of the UK's leading law firms with a wealth of experience in work accident claims and offices across the UK.
Our lawyers will guide you through the claims process in plain English, taking care of the paper work and keeping you informed throughout, giving you honest and clear advice and guidance.
So if you have been injured by a falling object, complete our claims form or call 0800 313 4748 for a FREE no obligation consultation.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.