The amount of compensation you will receive following an accident at work depends on a number of factors, including:
- the seriousness of your injury
- how it affects your life, including hobbies, pastimes etc
- any long term effects from your injuries
- the value of any lost earnings
- the costs of any care you required
- the cost of any travel or other expenses incurred as a result of your injuries, e.g. travel expenses, prescriptions etc
In some cases an additional payment is also awarded to cover being disadvantaged on the labour market as a result of your injuries.
We will talk to you about your injuries and once we understand your case we will be able to offer guidance on how much compensation you are likely to receive. It’s important to remember that no two cases are the same and that we are all affected differently by injuries and illnesses.
To discuss a possible compensation claim following an accident at work call us on 0800 313 4748 or use our online form.
The above information relates to the law and procedures in England and Wales.
* Subject to entering into a ‘No Win No Fee’ agreement in conjunction with our Allianz Litigate insurance policy and complying with your responsibilities under its terms.
All Scottish cases will be handled by the Scottish law firm with which we are associated, Irwin Mitchell Scotland LLP. The law relating to funding is different in Scotland and you will receive separate advice about what that means as well as a separate funding agreement.
The sympathetic handling of my case restored my confidence
May I thank you for the way my accident claim has been handled, after my accident my confidence was very low indeed but the sympathetic handling of my case restored my confidence.